Perfect flange connection for
high speed turbines
SCHAAF ExpaTen ETC takes all of the leading design principles and advantages of ExpaTen and raises hydraulic coupling bolt design and performance levels to a new level. Designed for high speed drive applications, ExpaTen ETC offers maximum product safety, reliability and total performance. For all existing products on the market power bolt application troubles occurs either due to a structural thread failure of the extension/puller engagement with the bolt or because of a failure of the oil injection process during removal. The patented SCHAAF design technology completely eliminates these issues and offers a lifetime guarantee for the entire installation and removal process.
SCHAAF is certified in accordance with
DIN EN ISO 9001 and, in addition, fulfils
all requirements of all classification societies.
The SCHAAF ExpaTen ETC offers you many advantages compared
to conventional fixing devices and methods of mounting:
- Simple and quick installation and removal of ExpaTen ETC even after years of use – nearly unlimited times
- High torque transmission, completely free from backlash
- 100% positive locking and frictional connection all the time
after mounting, no slipping between the flanges
- Special surface treatment for minimising micro movement and
decreased dynamic axial forces
- Specially designed for connections with high speed drives
- No overlapping screws or nuts – no windage – higher turbine efficiency
- The smooth protection caps reducing noise, vibration and increasing efficiency
- Requires only one hydraulic pressure source for installations or removals
The standard version of the SCHAAF ExpaTen comprises the following components:
- Tapered Bolt and Conical Sleeve of high-strength
quenched and tempered steel for maximum shear
strength and axial load capacity
- Two ultra-high-strength Round Nuts
- Strengthened thread with Tensioned Thread Geometry
- Pressure connection bore and pressure distribution
grooves on the taper for easy removal of the
| Areas of Application
Designed for high speed drive applications, ExpaTen ETC offers maximum product safety, reliability and total performance.
| Quality Assurance
All ExpaTen ETC are checked for material quality, dimensional accuracy, correct functioning and load-resistance. During order execution, they are subject to continuous quality assurance measures and are supplied together with detailed technical documentation.
ExpaTen ETC are, of course, supplied packaged, ready
for installation and use.
SCHAAF ExpaTen ETC are user-friendly, reliable,
and manufactured in accordance with the highest
level of technical know-how. Our highly-motivated
staff would be pleased to train your personnel, in
situ or at our works, in mounting and dismantling