Quick form and force fit connections with detachable axial tensioning system (Quick Locking)
SCHAAF is leading the way with ExpaTen bolts in order to revolutionize detachable flange connections of propulsion shafts of the shipbuilding industry. Not only are the bolts 100% non-positive and form fitting, which transfers high torque, but even after high stress they can be easily disassembled and reused. The bending and rotating resistant connection absorbed shock like changes of revolutions, torque as well as turning direction dependently. The system is made of heat treated steel, which is a safety plus during torque transfer. The safety factor in comparison to regular screws is 5. ExpaTen is easy to handle since all tools and hydraulic high-pressure pumps for assembly and disassembly are adjusted to the system. ExpaTen is certified by well-known buyers.
Due to ExpaTen QL the following advantages result compared to conventional connections:
- Quick radial and axial tensioning for components, which cope with torque / shear force, axial force and / or side load
- 100 % form fit and friction fit
- Simple and quick installation and removal of ExpaTen QL even after years of use – nearly unlimited times
- Reusable after removal, again and again – no sparebolts required
- Torsionally and flexurally rigid connection even with sudden changes in the rotational speed, the torque, direction of rotation or direction of load
The standard version of the SCHAAF ExpaTen comprises the following
- Tapered Bolt and Conical Sleeve of high-strength quenched and tempered steel for maximum shear strength and axial load capacity
- Ultra-high-strength Round Nut
- Fine thread for maximum fatigue strength
- Pressure connection bore and pressure distribution grooves on the taper for easy removal of the Tapered Bolt
Areas of Application
ExpaTen QL Bolts are the optimum solution wherever, one of the thread ends of the ExpaTen Bolt has to be screwed into a stud hole and the connectable components need to be mounted with 100% form fit and friction fit.
All ExpaTen QL Bolts are checked for material quality, dimensional accuracy, correct functioning and safety. During order execution, they are subject to continuous quality assurance measures and are supplied together with detailed technical documentation.
ExpaTen QL Bolts are, of course, supplied packaged, ready
for installation and use.
SCHAAF ExpaTen QL Bolts are user-friendly, reliable, and manufactured in accordance with the highest level of technical know-how. Our highly-motivated
staff would be pleased to train your personnel, in situ or at our works, in mounting and dismantling the bolts.