Ideal flange connection for misaligned flange bores and / or unequal bore diameters
SCHAAF is leading the way with ExpaTen bolts in order to revolutionize detachable flange connections of propulsion shafts of the shipbuilding industry. Not only are the bolts 100% non-positive and form fitting, which transfers high torque, but even after high stress they can be easily disassembled and reused. The bending and rotating resistant connection absorbed shock like changes of revolutions, torque as well as turning direction dependently. The system is made of heat treated steel, which is a safety plus during torque transfer. The safety factor in comparison to regular screws is 5. ExpaTen is easy to handle since all tools and hydraulic high-pressure pumps for assembly and disassembly are adjusted to the system. ExpaTen is certified by well-known buyers.
ExpaTen 2 is the further development of ExpaTen and thus offers all the advantages for the ideal flange connection and additionally:
- Adjustment of position errors of bores up to 2 mm
- Adjustment of diameter tolerances of bores up to 0.5 mm
- No need for combined bore adaption of both flange bores when mounting
- Cost-saving due to reduced mounting and dismounting time
- Simple and quick installation and removal of ExpaTen 2, as well, even after years of use – nearly unlimited times
- Reusable after removal, again and again is also warranted with ExpaTen 2 – no sparebolts required
- 100% positive locking and frictional connection all the time after mounting, no slipping between the flanges
- Simple and quick installation and removal of ExpaTen even after years of use – nearly unlimited times
- Reusable after removal, again and again – no sparebolts required
- Torsionally and flexurally rigid connection even with sudden changes in the rotational speed, the torque, direction of rotation or direction of load
- No jammed or oversized bolts any longer
The standard version of the SCHAAF ExpaTen 2 comprises the following
- Tapered Bolt and Conical Sleeve of high-strength quenched and tempered steel for maximum shear strength and axial load capacity
- Two ultra-high-strength Round Nuts
- Fine thread for maximum fatigue strength
- Pressure connection bore and pressure distribution grooves on the taper for easy removal of the Tapered Bolt
- Protective caps in various designs and materials
Areas of Application
SCHAAF ExpaTen 2 is the optimum solution wherever flange bores can or shall not be refinished and a centric misalignment or a bore diameter differnce is given. A 100 % positive locking is achieved e. g. with ship drive shafts, powerplants, crushers, steel and non steel mills and windturbines.
All ExpaTen 2 Bolts are checked for material quality, dimensional accuracy, correct functioning and load-resistance. During order execution, they are subject to continuous quality assurance measures and are supplied together with detailed technical documentation.
ExpaTen 2 Bolts are, of course, supplied packaged, ready for installation and use.
SCHAAF ExpaTen 2 Bolts are user-friendly, reliable, and manufactured in accordance with the highest level of technical know-how. Our highly-motivated staff would be pleased to train your personnel, in situ or at our works, in mounting and dismantling the bolts.