GripLoc Flow caps
Shaft and axle connection with flow caps
GripLoc creates radial pressure on the two shaft or axle stubs to be connected by radially shrinking a previously hydraulically expanded outer body. GripLoc can be quickly tightened and loosened.
GripLoc is equipped with flow caps that allow the coupling to be used in a flowed-through space. This can be the use under water, but also in another medium such as oil. Corrosion-resistant stainless steels can also be used as the material of the coupling, which makes additional cladding of the coupling unnecessary.
Advantages of GRIPLOC flow caps
- Flow-optimized caps for application in e.g. water or oil
- Use of a wide variety of materials, such as corrosion-resistant stainless steel
- Patented GripLoc sliding-on procedures for destruction-free interference fit assembling
- GripLoc can be removed simply and quickly even after years of use – again and again wearless
- High torque transmission, completely free from backlash
- Torsionally and flexurally rigid connection even with sudden changes in the rotational speed, torque, or direction of rotation
- Maximum torque transfer even in minimum installation space thanks to SCHAAF friction increase
- Removability is always ensured if replacement of defective Hydraulic Nut seal is ever required
- Time saving on assembly and disassembly
The different GripLoc characteristics by SCHAAF can be combined among each other. So for example GripLoc can be built integrated together with the SafeLoc mechanism in a removable Hydraulic Nut. An optimal solution is therefore guaranteed for each application.
- Inner and outer cone sleeve made of high-strength steel for maximum strength
- Flow-optimised protective caps
- Use of corrosion-resistant materials for use in different media
- Combination of GripLoc with a wide variety of mounting tools for optimum design of the assembly process
- Design depending on application with split, removable Hydraulic Nut or permanently installed annular piston.
- Mechanical, axial slide-on by means of torque (MSN) optionally possible
- SafeLoc for safe installation
Areas of Application
The SCHAAF GripLoc coupling with flow caps proves its worth wherever high forces (torques) have to be transmitted in the smallest installation space and at the same time easy and quick assembly/disassembly must be ensured. When GripLoc is used in fluidic areas that need to be optimised, such as ship shaft drives near the propeller.
All GripLoc are checked for material quality, dimensional accuracy, correct functioning and load-resistance. During order execution, they are subject to continuous quality assurance measures and are supplied together with detailed technical documentation.
GripLoc are, of course, supplied packaged, ready for installation
SCHAAF GripLoc couplings are user-friendly, reliable, and manufactured
in accordance with the highest level of technical know-how. Our highly motivated staff would be pleased to train your personnel, in situ or at our
works, in mounting and dismantling the bolts.