Multiple Stud Nut (MSN)
Axial Bolt Tensioning using torque
Simple way to achieve a torsion-free axial preload force with increased assembly effort. The MSN replaces the standard nut in a bolted connection.
The SCHAAF MSN – Multiple Stud Nuts offer you many advantages compared to conventional fixing devices and methods of mounting:
- Main bolt is pretightened 100 % torsion-free
- No torsion under load (no thread wear)
- Robust, durable and lightweight mode of construction
- Simple and easy mounting and dismantling
- Permanent maintenance-free connection
- Wide choice of sizes and designs
- Anytime quickest control possibility of the pretensioning force
- Mounting with many individuals possible
- Easy pretensioning control
- Tensioning locking at static, alternating and impact loads
- Improves the bolt lifetime because of gentle pretensioning force generation and pure axial load
The SCHAAF MSN – Multiple Stud Nuts can be manufactured/supplied as follows:
- Compact design
- Standard design
- High-tensile design
- Customer specific solutions up to Ø 1800 mm
- All sorts of threads, standards and others Power transmission elements as e. g. bayonet
- High-tensile steel
- Rust and acid-resistant steels
- Heat-resisting materials
- High-strength aluminium alloys
- Different material combinations
- Burnished, lacquered or chemically nickel-plated
- Requested by the customer
User-defined special designs possible.
Fields of Application
The MSN proves its worth wherever a secure and maintenance-free
connection must be guaranteed.
Examples: General mechanical engineering, Powerplant technology und Engines and gearboxes.
All MSN – Multiple Stud Nuts are checked for material quality, dimensional accuracy, proper operation and reliability. They are subject to quality assurance measures during order execution and delivered with detailed documentation.
MSN are, of course, delivered packaged ready for installation and operation.
SCHAAF MSN are user-friendly, reliable and are manufactured in accordance with the highest level of technical know-how. Our highly-motivated staff will be pleased to train your personnel, in situ or at our works, in the general handling of MSN.